Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Doctor Who for 3

So keeping with the "new shiny bento tools" theme, I recently got a Doctor Who ice tray from Think Geek. But ice is a bit wasted on my kids who still use cups with lids. So then I thought hmm maybe cheese, no that's a LOT of cheese, then I thought oooh jello, no jigglers! my big green monkey wanted to try strawberry applesauce too so here's how the experiments went.

Daleks! Exterminate! 

In this lunch : In an Easy Lunch Box
  • Dalek sandwiches - red is a ham sandwich blue is jelly sandwich
  • Grapes and carrots with a Dalek pick ( My awesome friend Princess sent me all these Doctor who thingys to play with)
  • Dalek - Frozen strawberry applesauce - Fail - melted by lunch time, bonus fail I forgot to send a spoon, but his teachers got him one so he could try his applesauce, still not a fan even when it was a dalek, at least he tried it.
  • TARDIS - Jello jigglers - WIN! This held its shape and was a bit wibbly wobbly fun. So now I've pretty much made blue jigglers out of every ice tray we have muhaha!
Saved by Doctor Who? 

 In this lunch : In an Easy Lunch Box
  • TARDIS - Jelly sandwich
  • Bow tie - Turkey sandwich with 10th Doctor pick
  • Grapes and Carrot with Cyberman pick (Thanks Princess!)
  • Dalek - Frozen strawberry dalek - also double fail, again thawed by lunch, and bonus fail since he brought his lunch he sat down, in doing so was not allowed to get up and go get a spoon because yeah I forgot his too, I'm nothing if not fair and balance.
  • TARDIS - WIN - He loved his wibbly wobbly TARDIS and wanted more after school, but alas all gone so I'll be sure to make more
Doctor Who? 

 In this lunch : In an Easy Lunch Box
  • Weeping Angel (Just for you Princess Don't Blink!) - Ham and Turkey in a carb smart tortilla
  • 4th Doctor - Grape tomatoes and carrots
  • 11th Doctor and Rory and Amy - Red, green, and black grapes (But not sour HA)
  • Dalek - Jello Jigglers
  • TARDIS - Jello Jigglers
I used one 6oz box of blue raspberry jello, added 2 cups boiling water, 2 oz unflavored gelatin, and stirred until dissolved. Once poured into various containers (I'm no Martha it was messy) chilled and set for 3 hours...or over night until I packed lunch this morning ;) More jiggly blue fun to come.


5 comments: