Today is World Autism Awareness Day. Light it up blue! So adorning our blue outfits today we set out to play in Texas Bluebonnets. What can I say, we just love our friends, and their Autism/Aspergers just brought out extra helpings of awesome. Loving and sweet and always fun to be around. While searching for the right words to express how special these people are to our lives I came across a top 10 quote list that will melt your heart.
1. "I know of nobody who is purely autistic, or purely neurotypical. Even God has some autistic moments, which is why the planets spin" - Jerry Newport, Your Life is Not a Label
2. "You know, everybody's ignorant, just on different subjects" - Will Rogers
3. "If I could snap my fingers and be non-autistic, I would not. Autism is part of what I am" - Temple Grandin.
4. "If they can't learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn" - O. Ivar Lovass
5. "Think of it: a disability is usually defined in terms of what is missing...But autism...is as much about what is abundant as what is missing, an over-expression of the very traits that make our species unique" - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong: Adventures in Autism
6. "I like it that order exists somewhere even if it shatters near me" - Elizabeth Moon, The Speed of Dark
7. "Autism, is part of my child, it's not everything he is. My child is so much more than a diagnosis" - SL Coelho, The World According to August - One Good Friend
8. "Autism: Where the 'randomness of life' collides and clashes with an individual's need for the sameness" - Eileen Miller, The Girl Who Spoke with Pictures: Autism Through Art
9. "Do not fear people with Autism, embrace them, Do not spite people with Autism unite them, Do not deny people with Autism accept them for then their abilities will shine" - Paul Isaacs
10. "I myself am opaque, for some reason. Their eyes cannot see me. Yes, that's it: The world is autistic with respect to me" -Anne Nesbet, The Cabinet of Earths."
Light it up Blue
In this lunch : Blue monsters containers and of course TARDIS blue lunch box
- Every piece matters : Blue Autism awareness ribbon then cut into puzzle pieces - Jelly sandwich
- Heart strawberries with heart pick
- Carrots with Blue pick