Friday, September 20, 2013

Camping Fun

Our big Green Monkey has joined scouts this year. It is a fun new journey teaching the kids to enjoy being outdoors, along with all the other skills and behaviors it will teach.


 After our adventures we enjoyed a wonderful campfire dinner in our Easy Lunch Boxes. I can't say enough about how much we love these. I was so protective over them, no knives allowed! I packed a cutting board for the steaks :). They worked great for dinner, and we washed and reused them for breakfast. I love how easy they are for the kids to open, and it was a perfect way to keep food warm and safe from bugs until everyone was served.

Steak, mushrooms, carrots, edamame, and potatoes.

Of course there were s'mores for dessert, you can't build a fire and not have s'mores! That addiction sparked an idea so when we got home I baked some Gluten Free Peanut-butter cookies from Immaculate Baking and turned those into s'mores. I can't express how sinfully delicious this idea was mm mm mm!



2 Gluten Free Peanut Butter cookies + 1 large marshmallow + 1/4 Hershery bar = Blissful s'mores

Since these were made indoors we just zapped them in the microwave for 10 seconds, still awesome. I wish I had the cookies with me for our trip but this was a fun way to remember the fun we had and keep the camp experience going.



1 comment: