Thursday, June 6, 2013

School's Out For Summer!

Today was our very last school lunch for this year. Tomorrow is the last day of school and a half day at that so no lunch. The parents are throwing the kids a party and bringing in all kinds of goodies. Since I surprised them with graduation treats I'm taking a back seat to let all the other helpers shine and just bringing chalk, glow sticks, and Popsicles. I struggled with how to best finish off this school year, and one song kept repeating in my head... School's Out by Alice Cooper, a classic end of school ritual for me.


School's Out for Summer!
Anyone who has ever cleaned out a locker at the end of a school year will be familiar with this scene of scattered papers and books. This was a self-fulling prophesy, as my green monkey emptied the entire contents of his locker and cubby into his backpack and its now all over our dining room table.

In this lunch :
  • Scattered paper and book - peanut butter and jelly with food coloring and stamps
  • Crumpled paper - pirates booty
  • Carrots
  • Summer sun - orange with Americolor marker
I hope you all have a wonderful summer. Though we won't have school lunches to prep in the wee hours of the morning we have a lot of great field trips lined up so plenty of road food and picnics coming up.

What are you most looking forward to this summer? For me its lounging by the pool.

2 comments:

  1. I love that sun, I have three lots of papers scattered all over the house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! yea today the Art teacher gave them their work to bring home too LOL It can stay there we're pool bound :) I hope you and yours have a fabulous summer!

      Delete