Monday, June 10, 2013

Break the breakfast rut


One of my favorite snacks/desserts is yogurt with fruit. For the past 2 months I started getting Nature Box snacks delivered and the variety has been fun to incorporate. I tend to lean toward sweet over spicy/salty when I snack, so to keep my hand out of the cookie jar (figuratively speaking) I need to have healthy alternatives. Yesterday I swapped snack for breakfast and it was delicious, fast, and filling I actually skipped snack and wasn't hungry until lunch.

 Yogurt Parfait

In this breakfast :
To kick of our summer vacation, the first Monday I didn't have to get up at 6am and make breakfasts and lunches and hound everyone out the door, we all slept in. Oh sure I have a summer bucket list of all the things to pack our summer full of fun, but today was just a relax and go with it kind of day. So while the wee ones enjoyed their cereal I whipped up an easy crustless quiche and popped in a yoga DVD while it baked. I can't say it enough I love summer!

 Crustless Spinach and Kale Quiche


In this breakfast :
  • Crustless Quiche
    • Preheat oven to 350
    • Spray pie dish with Pam Cooking Spray
    • Layer bottom of dish with Kale and Spinach
    • Top with sliced mushrooms
    • 5 large eggs scrambled with 5 Tbsp of skim milk pour into dish
    • Slice 1/2 roma tomato arrange on top ( I used 5 slices about 1/4 in thick)
    • Bake 30-35 min depending on your oven
    • Last 5-10 min sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
  • Fruit trees - 1/2 banana, 1/2 orange, 2 cherries

I took the challenge! I am so excited to be 1 of 5 finalists in the Cooking Light magazine The Great American Healthy Lunch Box Challenge, Lunchbox for Kids category.

Now I need your help. It's your turn to vote for the winner. Voting is so easy its on Facebook. Click the link below and the voting app will take you to my entry, "like" Cooking Light's page, click Vote, that's it no other registration required.

Voting is every 24 hours so check back every day to vote again and again. The winners will be featured in the September issue of Cooking Light Magazine and Cooking Light.com.

I cannot thank you enough for all of your support. 



No comments:

Post a Comment