Daleks on the run
This weekend marked Green monkey's 4th kids fun run. I am so proud of him for trying. He's not a bundle of energy like little blue so it really is an effort for him. He did fantastic. This time it was the Blue Bell Fun run and all participants got free ice cream at the end.
- Peanut butter and jelly Daleks with pretzel and sprinkle details
- Grapes with a bugle as an ice cream cone
To the moon
Little blue has been exceedingly picky so I made 2 different sandwiches hoping he'd eat at least one of them...and they look cute together.
- Astronaut - peanut butter and jelly with tic tac button
- NASA Space shuttle - Ham and cheese with fruit leather NASA
- Smoke after the launch - pirates booty
- Upper right - Carrots
- Lower right - Grapes and strawberries
Boston we Remember
As a member of the running community we joined forces and are showing our support in light of yesterday's tragedy in Boston. While it is not unusual for me to be seen wearing a race shirt, today I added a Bib for Boston to it. I ran 12.85 miles today, in Texas heat and full sun it was hard but I kept going, had to stop due to sick kiddo, but would like to get 26.2 miles in this week. I know it won't change what happened, but they are in my thoughts and in my heart and this is what I can do to show support. The race was being dedicated to the victims of the tragedy in Newton. So many acts of senseless violence. When will humans learn to stop hurting each other and coexist in peace.
In this lunch :
- Runner's with wings - Babybel cheese
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Crab stick and string cheese
- Rose - leftover bento scrap of ham, and sugar snap peas