Thursday, November 15, 2012

What Are You Thankful For Bento Hop


Bento Bloggers & Friends Thanksgiving Hop - What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for many things, but the most thankful for my family. I love sharing my favorite childhood memories with them. 

So last week we visited the land of Oz. One of my most treasured Thanksgiving memories is watching this movie every year, and now I'm sharing that experience with my monkeys. Reading The Wizard of Oz by L.Frank Baum with them is priceless. Below is the Cowardly Lion lunch I did for Green Monkey. To check out the rest of their friends along the yellow brick road, check out last week's post here.

  Courage pretzels, Ham and cheese cowardly lion sandwich, grapes and PB celery spelling out Oz.

My second favorite Thanksgiving movie is A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving by Charles M. Schulz. So this week I made Snoopy serving the Peanuts gang Popcorn, Pretzels, Jellybeans, and 2 pieces of buttered toast (Leftover turkey and cheese sandwich). Snoopy is a turkey and cheese sandwich with a cute pilgrim cookie hat. A friend directed me to a great tutorial on Our Best Bites, they are so adorable and delicious I couldn't help but make a batch.

*Bonus points when green monkey came home from school he said, "Guess what we watched at school today momma? The Charlie Brown show" Score one for me and lucky timing.


This wonderful group of  bloggers have come together to bring you a taste of Thanksgiving to inspire you for next week's lunches. By clicking the link below you'll continue your journey on to Feeling a little lunchy, once you check out her lunches keep clicking through the blogs until you come full circle to where you started. I am honored and thankful to be participating in my very first hop with these wonderful, creative, and artistic, bento friends.


Feeling a little Lunchy



24 comments:

  1. Great lunches! :)Nice memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love The Wizard of Oz - and LOVE your bento!! Your cowardly lion is perfection! Snoopy is pretty darn cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the theme n ur lunches are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute lunch! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your lunches! We love Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lunches and great memories to go along with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the movie/book theme! So awesome! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both lion and Snoopy are super cute! And what a great idea to share your favourite stories with your kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lunches! It is so much fun to pass on the things that we loved as children onto our own children. Your boys are lucky to have you for their mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so very much. Your comments mean a lot. I am humbled to be included in the BBF group and participate in the hop. There were so many beautiful and thoughtful posts today. I am thank for all of them and you for inspiring me to make my kids lunches something worth eating :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cowardly lion! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lion is fantastic! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, wonderful lunches!! Love that lion too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your lunch themes! They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is very informative and quality content, I ever read in my life. Thanks for sharing this content.
    Gazebo NZ

    ReplyDelete