Saturday, February 23, 2013

February 19-22

You know those moments, ok weeks, when time speeds up? You barely dog paddle to gasp for air? This has been one of those weeks. So what do lunches made by the crazy over scheduled mom look like? The I can't plan a theme ahead, or remember why I went to the kitchen for the 3rd time? This is that week. My green monkey is fixing to turn 6 next Wednesday. So family visits, party planning, school fundraising, mom's group activities, sports, all requiring more time and energy than I (or anyone) possess and you get this. Thing is even sloppy lunch is healthier than a lunchable. Still more creative than the cafeteria foods available. So not my most epic pinnable week, but got 'er done as they say down here in Texas.

Monday - Presidents Day. My kid still had school. Here's Mount Rushmore on money sandwiches.
In this lunch :
  • Ham and Turkey dollar sandwiches
  • Mount Rushmore Provolone
  • Cucumber coins
  • Flag apple
Tuesday - Happy Birthday Copernicus!
Green Monkey - Hello Sunshine
 In this lunch :
  • Carrots
  • Peanut butter & jelly sandwich with americolor markers on a toast stamp for design
  • Sun orange
  • Vanilla pudding with star sprinkles
Blue Monkey - Around the galaxy
 In this lunch -
  • Annie's organic just stars soup with hotdog plannets
  • 9 grapes for the planets (yes I still include pluto)
  • Vanilla pudding with moon and stars sprinkles
  • Carrots and ranch sun
Wednesday - Octopus...this is where fatigue set in, not my finest 6am moment, but he loved it. Sometimes we need to appreciate the simple things.

In this lunch :
  • Ham, turkey and cheese octopus, yes there are 8 tendrils just hard to see since they aren't cut thin enough.
  • Strawberries
  • Peanut butter and celery
Thursday - Party prep and we all have Doctor Who on the brain. Took lil Blue to Goodnight Moon the musical yesterday yet he still wanted a TARDIS too.

Green Monkey - A town called Mercy Doctor
 In this lunch :
  • Peanut butter and jelly cowboy hat, head, bow tie with provolone cheese on top (yes I am aware I can't draw free hand)
  • Badge babybel
  • Carrots
  • Grapes
Blue Monkey - Goodnight Moon Doctor

 In this lunch in Yubo:
  • Peanut butter and jelly and pretzel red balloon, bed with TARDIS bedspread, and bunny with candy eye
  • Lettuce great green room with cheese moon
  • Carrots
  • Grapes
Friday -  Normally he gets to buy lunch on Friday...but he's been having difficulties behaving at school so he lost that privilege and so I made a slapdash Cyberman...I wish I hadn't been up since 3am because the bars should be higher above the helmet. But I was on party prep overload so...
  In this lunch :
  • Peanut butter and Jelly Cyberman
  • Cheese and crackers
  • Vanilla pudding with sprinkles
  •  Carrots
  • Grapes
The birthday party was awesome but I'm exhausted so I'll post that later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment