Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Back to School

It's official I have a no more babies at home. My monkeys are back to school this week starting second grade and kindergarten. It's always a mixed bag of emotions for me, summer is too short, exited they are growing up, worried for them to make friends and do well, and missing the noise and chaos. Yes I said it, I miss the noise when they aren't here, no matter how much I shh them when they are ;) So now that I have 2 in school full time its also time for me to go back to work full time so in a couple weeks I'll be packing all 3 of us lunch every day.

Inspired by the new season of Doctor Who my green monkey chose the TARDIS and Strax for his back to school lunch.

TARDIS and Strax 
In this lunch : In a Easy Lunch Box
  •  TARDIS and Strax - Jelly sandwich 
  • Pencil - Colby cheese stick
  • Chalk board - Carrots
  • Smiley face - Apple slices


Little blue monkey is beginning his elementary school experience, while he may not feel ready, its time to be a big kid.

Welcome to Kindergarten 


In this lunch : In an Easy Lunch box
  • Notebook paper - Peanutbutter and jelly sandwich
  • Pencil - Colby cheese stick
  • Blue crayons - Carrots
  • School bus - Cantaloup stars

We like to kick-off the new school year with some special treats for the kids and their teachers, because first days of school are tough on everyone.

Teacher Survival Baskets 


 I found these great crates at our grocery store for $1 each and filled them with supplies every teacher needs.
  • Clorox wipes
  • Highlighters
  • Pens
  • Straw cup
  • Via coffee
  • Via splashers
  • Extra gum
  • Advil 
  • Germy gel for the class and scented ones for her
  • Chapstick
  • Laffy taffy to remember to laugh
  • Smarties for those smartie pants
  • Mini Pinwheel just for fun
I also left a little something out for each kid before going to school. The napkin went in their lunchbox the rest stayed home for after school fun.
  • Bubbles
  • Pop rocks
  • Laffy taffy
  • Smarties
  • Mini pinwheel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment