Friday, October 19, 2012

Spooky October lunches 15-19

We are all about Halloween this week. From the books the monkeys choose to read before bed to the crafts and field trips. Over the weekend we headed out to the pumpkin patch and Carved out pumpkins. Superman for little Blue monkey and A TARDIS for big green monkey. The kids get to take pie pumpkins to school to decorate.





Monday - Green Monkey requested a vampire, so Count PB&J for him. We used Fruit leather for the hair and suit, and cut a jell bean in half and then in half again on an angle for fangs. Cucumber is Frankenstein again with the jelly bean and fruit leather. Little Blue monkey wanted bats and gave then the other half of the white jellybean for fangs. Little blue monkey got his lunch for our pumpkin patch playdate since it involved a picnic.



Tuesday - Frankenstein Turkey and cheese with fruit leather hair and suit and string cheese scar and bolts. Creepy hand carrots rising out of the ranch dressing, and a frankenberry with raisin bolts and a sliver of jelly bean scar. The frankenberries were our favorites.





Wednesday -  Tuesday night we read his new library book Henry's Amazing Imagination! by Nancy Carlson. In it Henry comes up with all kinds of fantastic stories during Show & tell at school and everyone criticizes him for fibbing. He begins to write his stories out and tell the truth and everyone is bored with show & tell. He is then allowed to read his stories to his class and no one is bored again. Green monkey loved this book and requested aliens the next morning. So we have an alien turkey and cheese, alien cucumber with spinach tentacles, and a marshmallow eye alien grape. I did not have the book open when I made it so this is the blurry eyed 6am memory of what he requested LOL.


Thursday - A haunted house special - PB&J Haunted house and bat with a marshmallow ghost out front. Booberry, and carrot trees ( I was running late so I didn't have time to get too crafty with the branches)



Friday as always is buy your lunch day since he got all green days at school. I may make something fun for little blue monkey to go eat lunch with green monkey, we'll see. Last week I let him buy his lunch there too, he wasn't a fan LOL. He picked pepperoni pizza, carrot sticks, and orange slices and didn't eat any of it so we'll see if he get the same Friday deal when he's old enough for kindergarten.

There's a fantastic Halloween themed blog hop going on if you're looking for more Halloween lunch ideas. I start at Ketha's Chaos then hopped along all the Bento Bloggers & Friends posts.

8 comments:

  1. Ant I found these via TGIF Linky Party. They are too cute to be spooky! LOL! I hope you link them up next week at BBN!

    Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have been posting on Fridays and I just read the BBN is due on Tuesday oops. :) I'll be quicker next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just too cute! So creative! Where do you come up with these ideas?
    mommytheliteracymaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids pick the themes and I try to figure out based on the pantry/fridge contents how to make it. I'm learning a lot of good techniques from the other bloggers. I'll google bento ideas, or look at pinterest, sometimes I have an idea in my head and need youtube to teach me how to do it like a strawberry rose or an apple bird. I am new to the bento world so I'm taking it all in as I blog hop :)

      Delete
  4. These ideas are just adorable! I am always on the look out for fun lunch ideas for my kids, we are going to have to try your ideas for sure. I am pinning over to my Pinterest board! Stopping over from the TGIF Linky now a new follower!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Nicole
    http://www.mamaofmanyblessings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love the TGIF linky they have so many cute ideas.

      Delete
  5. Your pumpkins turned out so cute! Thanks for linking up to TGIF!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait for the next linky :) I'll write up this week tonight.

      Delete